Translate

jueves, 14 de mayo de 2020

THE DAY OF THE MATCH

Have you ever thought about playing a sport? There are many sports you can practice, so I decided to start playing volleyball when I started seventh grade in my school when I was thirteen. Despite I love this sport I got a lesson to remember. All started at the end of that year. As team we got the opportunity to participate and compete with other teams in a place near my city.

    So, I wanted my team to win and I started practicing hard during those three weeks before the match. I tried to be concentrated when as team we would practice at the school to improve what I knew about volleyball. The days passed quickly and there was just one week for the match.

    In the last week I felt that I had improved while playing and also my coach noticed that, I was happy because maybe I could be the captain of my team for the match we had to attend, for that reason I continued practicing hard all those days. The time for the match came. I prepared everything and my team and I went to the place for the match. The teacher gave as the instructions and then we waited until our turn to play.
    Finally, it was our turn, but at that moment the coach did not select me to play. I did not understand why he had taken that decision, I felt really bad. During all the match, I was just watching how my team was playing, we got the second place. Then I understood that the coach did it because I was eating too much before the match and that was something that could had affected me if I had played.
    It was the only reason why I did not play that day. I tried to understand it and I took it as a big lesson. I was eating because of my nerves and I did not think about the consequences. Now, I know exactly something I should not do before a match, it was a bad experience, but I continue loving volleyball.
 

1 comentario: